THE BASICS + BACKGROUND INFO
• How long have you been in business? Charlee & I have been running GYE full-time since the summer of 2014. Charlee has moved to more behind the scenes since we had our beautiful daughter, Claire in 2019 and our son, Jack in the summer of 2021. I still operate as the head Host/DJ with still bringing a an assistant to weddings to take the place of Charlee. We also added another DJ to our team, Grayson Jones in 2018 who also performs with an assistant as well. .
• How many weddings have you done? We have performed at over 350 weddings and average about 1 wedding a week.
• Do you perform at more than one event in a day? Never. We only commit to 1 wedding a day.
• Will you be the DJ at our wedding? I, Caleb or Grayson will be your head Host/DJ. You will be aware within the first email (no tricks).
• What sets you apart from your competition? Grayson or I provide a modern/non cheesy performance where we act as more of a host instead of the outdated typical DJ. A lot of our couples commend us for making their wedding amazing and simplifying the process leading up to it (refer to our reviews). We are meticulous and detail oriented when designing each wedding specific to our couples wants. We create a timeline for every wedding we do which is how we can implement a successful performance with a seamless flow. Not to mention, our top tier equipment (ie Bose speakers, Apple products, Chauvet wireless uplighting + pinspot lighting, Astera Pixel Tube lighting, etc). We also prefer "community over competition" meaning we prefer to build other vendors up instead of tearing them down because they are competition. "A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats" -JFK!
• Are there any other services that you provide, such as lighting design? We provide MC services, we mic the officiant and the groom during ceremonies so that the guest in the back can also hear, wireless uplighting, wireless pin-spot lighting, and timeline assistance. Make sure to ask about the service we refer to as the "GYE Personal Touch"! All of the services are all inclusive with one set price!
• Do you have a playlist of your music or a video from a prior wedding where you performed? Yes we have playlists from our previous weddings and footage of our performance upon request. Check out our IG Reels to see us in action!
• Can you assist me in choosing the music for my processional, recessional, father-daughter dance, etc.? Absolutely, we have separate playlists that we have created for each sequence of your wedding so you have a good idea what music is popular for that event. We usually don't have one set dancing playlist for every wedding but instead, we have different genre/era playlists that we reference when playing off the crowd.
• How extensive is your music library or song list? What genres can you cover? We are against having millions of songs already but instead, we want to know what you want us to play and we research + download your ideal genres.
• How do you keep your music collection up-to-date? This is one of our favorite parts about having this job. While we are working during the week, we are constantly surfing YouTube (Vevo), Pandora, and Spotify for the newest/trendiest music.
• If the DJ scheduled for my event is unable to perform for some reason, do you have a backup replacement ready to go? Yes we do. Grayson and I are usually only both booked on the same day for about 8 weddings a year. This means that odds are, the other would be able to step in. Not to mention, we are part of community of multiple DJ’s where we could choose from. So if Heaven forbid, anything were to happen, we would be able to provide another entertainer at your wedding.
• Do you take any breaks? No, we do not require any breaks. We usually will both step aside for about 10 minutes to eat dinner at which we still remain playing music.
• Do you act as the "emcee" and make all of the announcements? Yes but this doesn’t mean that I will be stealing the show. We call it Hosting your wedding and making all the “necessary announcements” without hanging on the microphone. We understand your wedding is about YOU!
• How would you define your "style" when making announcements? Non-Cheesy, non-abrasive, and tastefully interactive.
• What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing? Sometimes all the guest need is that first person on the dance floor to muster the courage and we have no problem being the first out there. Once we do get everyone on the dance floor, we step off. Grayson and I usually rely on our music knowledge to motivate the crowd and we might also encourage the guest using the our MC skills. Don't worry though, we will NOT be singing the songs, saying YO YO YO/RAISE THE ROOF, or dancing on top of tables!
• Do you take requests from our guests? Absolutely. We usually ask permission from the Bride + Groom to use our discretion on requests.
• Can we submit a "Do Not Play" list? Absolutely! It is so important for us to know your likes and definitely your dislikes.
PRICING + PAYMENT
• What is included in the cost of my wedding? We don’t believe in packages so all of our equipment/services are included in what we quote you.
• Does this include setup and breakdown between ceremony and reception locations? Yes. We do not charge for setup nor breakdown time.
• How much would you charge for overtime? We charge $150 per additional hour or $75 for half hours. We are very flexible with the last minute addition of time to keep the party going!
• Are there any additional fees that could accrue that I am not taking into account, like travel expenses or charges for special musical requests? All taxes are included in the original pricing we do not have any hidden fees. If we have to travel out of state more than 100 miles, we charge mileage. Weddings that are 200+ miles away, we will charge additional for lodging as well.
• How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? We require a 30% non refundable deposit along with the signed contract in order to book.
• How far in advance do I need to book you? To be safe, 9-12 months in advance.
• What information do you need from me before the wedding day? We are very thorough and provide you with what we call our GYE Information Form. This document is a fill-in-the-blank questionnaire that addresses everything we need to know about your wedding.
• Are you insured? Yes up to $2 million in liability!
• Can you provide wireless mics for the ceremony? Absolutely! We have 3 lavalier (tie clip lapel) microphones.
• Do you bring backup equipment? Yes we do. Probably more backup equipment that is needed!
• What kind of space or stage do you require? We only require in between 6-10 sqft of space. We don't require a stage.
• How much time will you need for setup, sound check and breakdown on the day of the event? We prefer approximately an hour of setup with sound checks and about an hour of break down time.
• What time will you arrive at the site? We arrive 1.5-2 hours prior to performance.
• Will we meet again before the wedding? Yes. We like to have an initial meeting and then a final meeting to go over the GYE Information Form + Timeline.
• What will you wear to our wedding? We do not want to clash with your theme/colors so we wear business professional (suit + tie) based on the theme/colors you selected for your wedding.
• Do you require a meal? We do not require a meal but it is HIGHLY appreciated!
• What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding? We are professionals! We will not smoke nor consume alcohol at your wedding!