THE BASICS + BACKGROUND INFO
• How long have you been in business? Charlee & I have been running GYE full-time since the summer of 2014.
• How many weddings have you done? We have performed at over 250 weddings and average about 1 wedding a week.
• Do you perform at more than one event in a day? Never. We only commit to 1 wedding a day.
• Will you be the DJ at our wedding? We prefer not to use the word DJ, but yes we will both be there!
• What sets you apart from your competition? The fact that we are husband and wife and we focus on providing a modern/non cheesy performance. We also prefer "community over competition" meaning we prefer to build other vendors up instead of tearing them down because they are competition. "A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats" -JFK!
• Are there any other services that you provide, such as lighting design or a Photo Booth? We provide MC services, wireless uplighting, wireless pin-spot lighting, and timeline assistance. We have a photo booth partnership in the works, so stay tuned!
• Can you provide me with recent couples that I can contact for references? Absolutely!
• Can you assist me in choosing the music for my processional, recessional, father-daughter dance, etc.? Absolutely, we have separate playlists that we have created for each sequence of your wedding so you have a good idea what music is popular for that event. We share all of these playlists upon booking.
• How extensive is your music library or song list? What genres can you cover? We are against having millions of songs already but instead, we want to know what you want us to play and we research + download your ideal genres.
• How do you keep your music collection up-to-date? This is one of our favorite parts about having this job. While we are working during the week, we are constantly surfing YouTube (Vevo), Pandora, and Spotify for the newest/trendiest music.
• If the DJ scheduled for my event is unable to perform for some reason, do you have a backup replacement ready to go? Yes we do. We are part of a group of 6 DJ’s where we have an agreement not to all be booked on any given day. So if Heaven forbid, anything were to happen, we would be able to provide another entertainer at your wedding.
• Do you take any breaks? Since the two of us will be at your wedding, we do not require any breaks. We usually will both step aside for about 10 minutes to eat dinner.
• Do you act as the "emcee" and make all of the announcements? Yes but this doesn’t mean that I will be stealing the show. We call it Hosting your wedding and making all the “necessary announcements” without hanging on the microphone. We understand your wedding is about YOU!
• How would you define your "style" when making announcements? Non-Cheesy, non-abrasive, and interactive.
• What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing? Sometimes all the guest need is that first person on the dance floor to muster the courage and we have no problem being the first out there. Once we do get everyone on the dance floor, we step off.
• Do you take requests from our guests? Absolutely. We usually ask permission from the Bride + Groom to use our discretion on requests.
• Can we submit a "Do Not Play" list? Absolutely! It is so important for us to know your likes and definitely your dislikes.
PRICING + PAYMENT
• What is included in the cost of my wedding? We don’t believe in packages so all of our equipment is included in what we quote you.
• Does this include setup and breakdown between ceremony and reception locations? Yes. We do not charge for setup nor breakdown time.
• How much would you charge for overtime? We charge $100 per additional hour. We are very flexible with the last minute addition of time to keep the party going!
• Are there any additional fees that could accrue that I am not taking into account, like travel expenses or charges for special musical requests? We do not have any hidden fees or any types of fees. Fees are for blood sucking corporations and losers!
• How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? We require a 30% non refundable deposit along with the signed contract in order to book.
• How far in advance do I need to book you? To be safe, 9-12 months in advance.
• What information do you need from me before the wedding day? We are very thorough and provide you with what we call our GYE Info Sheet. This document is a fill-in-the-blank questionnaire that addresses everything we need to know about your wedding.
• Are you insured? Yes!
• Can you provide wireless mics for the ceremony? Absolutely! We have 3 lavalier (tie clip lapel) microphones.
• Do you bring backup equipment? Yes we do. Probably more backup equipment that is needed!
• What kind of space or stage do you require? We only require in between 6-10 sqft of space. We don't require a stage.
• How much time will you need for setup, sound check and breakdown on the day of the event? We prefer approximately an hour of setup with sound checks and about an hour of break down time.
• What time will you arrive at the site? We arrive 1.5-2 hours prior to performance.
• Will we meet again before the wedding? Yes. We like to have an initial meeting and then a final meeting to go over the GYE Info Sheet + Timeline.
• What will you wear to our wedding? We do not want to clash with your theme/colors so we wear business professional based on the theme/colors you selected for your wedding.
• Do you require a meal? We do not require a meal but it is HIGHLY appreciated!
• What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding? We are professionals! We will not smoke nor consume alcohol at your wedding!